Accelerate your career! We apply innovative solutions that improve patient outcomes through some of the industry’s best and brightest business professionals, innovators and clinicians. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Supervisor, Pharmacy Technician.
- Leads and guides orientation, training, competency assessment, and evaluation of Pharmacy Technicians, with support from Lead Pharmacy Technicians.
- Oversees pharmacy technician workflow and scheduling, with support from Lead Pharmacy Technicians.
- Provides adequate structure, direction, and feedback to pharmacy technician staff, in conjunction with pharmacy leadership.
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- May perform at least one of the following:
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
- Works with automated machines to prepack drugs;
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
- Mixes/packages IV medications sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood.
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow).
- Maintain equipment by ordering, stocking, and organizing supplies and delivery order.
- Ensure technician adherence to local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensures productivity and accuracy standards are adhered to.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Education/Learning Experience:
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work Experience:
- Experience in an LTC pharmacy setting; leadership experience.
- Basic understanding of drugs, medication terminology, and metric system; ability to operate a computer; workflow management skills; scheduling skills; performance management.
- As required by state regulations and business needs.
About Our Company PropacPayless (PPPL),
a PharMerica Company, is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PPPL combined with PharMerica offers unmatched long-term pharmacy solutions to senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation’s largest pharmacy companies. The combined organization offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Additional Job Information Must be available to work Mon-Fri 10:30am-7pm with rotating weekends
Internal ID: 2020-3771
Location/Region: Eugene, OR