The Project Coordinator - Facilities - FF&E will organize and lead campus construction and relocation projects, support FF&E tasks for Key Strategic Projects managed by the Facilities Team, and support the Construction Project Managers as well as the Maintenance Supervisors. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to problem-solve and troubleshoot issues in a timely manner, work with the Projects Team to complete tasks on schedule, organize FF&E needed for projects, and maintain excellent verbal and written communication. This position coordinates with both internal team members and external vendors to complete projects on time and within budget. Principle Duties
- Coordinates and leads campus construction and relocation projects; handles tasks to support strategic projects.
- Serves as point of contact for questions on assigned jobs and projects. Executes defined project scope.
- Focuses on sourcing and documentation of FF&E and interior finishes for projects, working with and under the direction of the Project Managers.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Supervisor for work related to campus repair and operations.
- Coordinates pre-construction, kick-off and post-mortem job meetings.
- Creates schedules, oversees progress and tracks milestones for assigned jobs and projects.
- Obtains quotations, reviews proposals, orders materials, reviews invoices, and completes punchlist items. Coordinates agendas and meetings, tracks project progress, prioritizes tasks, and maintains documentation.
- Researches issues to identify options and seeks approval required for substantive changes or decision points.
- Assists with maintaining Facilities’ asset management system, Nuvolo.
- Updates presentations, spreadsheets and documents to be reviewed by management.
- Coordinates completion of punchlist items for campus construction and relocation projects, and for assigned Key Strategic Projects. Coordinates moves for final occupancy. Completes end-of-job audits.
- Serves as back up to Facilities Administrative Assistant and other Project Team members, as needed.
- Other ad-hoc duties, as assigned.
- Works overtime or weekends, as needed.
- Previous work in a project oversight role with campus, facilities or construction required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years’ project related experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Must have a customer service focus and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills required. Basic accounting skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be a critical thinker.
- Commitment to continuous improvement. Reliable, dependable, self-motivated, and self-managed.
- Ability and willingness to learn any programs, applications or skills required to excel in this role.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA