The Custodial Worker performs the daily work of cleaning facilities, grounds, and equipment for various buildings on the Downtown Campus. This position has responsibility for the detailed cleaning of offices, classrooms and public rest rooms. Duties also include daily scripted work and periodic maintenance assignments from the Assistant Supervisor Facilities Services.This is an Essential Personnel position, which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and also can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to lift and carry equipment and supplies up to 45 lbs., up and down stairs and throughout the work area
- Ability to climb ladders up to 6’ in height and flights of stairs
- Ability to operate commercial cleaning machinery including but not limited to rotary buffers, vacuum cleaners, pressure washers, man lifts, extractors, and blowers
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions with simple diagrams
- Ability to work independently and perform well with group assigned tasks
- Ability and willingness to work late evening, overnight, weekend, and holiday working hours
- Good communications and personal relations skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to use of two-way radios
Required Education and/or Experience
- No prior experience or training required.
- Previous custodial experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade O1.20. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA